Starting from scratch in an elite fitness-blog-world full of expensive gear, and Personal Records she couldn't beat with a car.

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Couch to 5K? CHECK!

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
My run today: C25K week 9 day 3  - LAST ONE - BOO YA I MADE IT!!!!
3.43 miles at 11:39 per mile.

Per Nike today was (again) my fastest 5k so far at 36:00 (including about 5 minutes of walk time during warmup) and my fastest 1K so far at 6'40"

I managed to get the Garmin working how I wanted this time and only recorded the time that I was actually running.

My actual run was 2.71 miles in 30:06 minutes with an average pace of 11:06, a best pace of 5:38, and an average HR of 184 bpm

I was going to get myself this Bondi Band in celebration, but my boyfriend is getting it for me instead. We consider our mutual love of Batman to be the catalyst of our relationship, so what more fitting reward?

Na na na na na na na na HEADBAND!
Cheaper than a dinner out and way more helpful in the long run.

I was mildly disappointed  in the Couch to 5K app for ending with pretty much no fanfare whatsoever. They can take the time to add in the "Halfway done"s "Almost there"s and "Just keep going!"s but they can't add in a final "You did it!"???

I know finishing the C25K program "should" be reward enough, but I was really hoping for some flying Kremlin type action.

 
Why yes, I do REALLY like Tetris.

My next run will be an attempt to actually RUN for a full 5K.
We'll see how that goes!


******
Signed up for the Great Pumpkin Race Virtual 5k/10k run which benefits the The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society’s (LLS) Team In Training via RunningInSanity. That will be on or about October 13th. I appear to have missed out on the option to get the orange and white polka dot Bondi Band along with my medal but hopefully she'll get some more.

******
September Blogging Challenge Day 23 - How many hours do you sleep at night?

Ugh. Even reading this question is depressing. I REALLY do not do well with less then 7 or 8 hours a night, yet I am an extremely nocturnal person with an 8 to 4 job.

It is a continuing problem.

I can be pretty functional on six hours a night, not happy but functional; five hours is my dead minimum. Anything less means I end up so tired I have to slap myself every couple of minutes in the car in order to get to work alive, and spent the majority of the morning wanting to vomit all over my desk. If I try to balance things out with coffee you can add a healthy splash generalized anxiety in to that mix.

(Photo: Jupiterimages)
Given that my alarm is set for seven am on weekdays that means functional Jawa bedtime is officially one am. What I find is that I naturally want to hit the sack approximately 1:30 to 2:30 in the morning (later if I'm in the middle of a project); so keeping my own hours is a no-no.

Luckily(?) I'm usually sleep-depped enough that when I go down I go down HARD, so insomnia is NOT an issue.

I do however do my best to make things up on the weekend and will do whatever I can to get a minimum of eight hours of sleep, but as I am still nocturnal that often means my day doesn't even start until well after noon.

3 comments:

  1. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Active is stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, you did it! ::happy dances for you:: ~Aubrey~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very happy not to have to deal with Active anymore. I get a badge for sharing to Facebook X number of times and yet nothing for completing their training program?

    Weirdos.

    ReplyDelete